Michael Morris, the Chair Elect of the Gay and Transgender Chemists and Allies (GTCA) of the Division of Professional Relations (PROF) is planning a symposium at the New Orleans meeting. Michael would be ecstatic to have CMA graduate student/postdoc members to participate in the symposium.
Contributed talks from graduate and postdoctoral students are sought for the LGBTQ+ Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Scholar Research Symposium at the Spring ACS Meeting in New Orleans. The symposium will consist of scientific talks by LGBTQ+ graduate students and postdoctoral scholars and will conclude with a panel discussion on issues that affect LGBTQ+ students and postdocs. Partial reimbursement of registration/travel expenses will be provided to the graduate student and postdoctoral scholar speakers. The symposium is sponsored by the Division of Professional Relations (PROF) and is nominally cosponsored by CMA.
To submit an abstract:
1. Log in at: https://acsnm255.abstractcentral.com/login
2. Click on the submission tab and then click on “create new submission”. Select Program Area: [PROF] Division of Professional Relations
3. Select Symposium: LGBTQ+ Graduate & Postdoctoral Student Research Symposium and Presentation Type: Oral Only
4. Fill in the Title/Body and Authors fields
5. In the Comments to Authors indicate whether you would be interested in participating in a panel discussion on issues that affect LGBT students and postdocs
6. Complete the Disclosures; Review & Submit
7. If you have any questions about the submission process or about the symposium, please email Mike Morris (email@example.com).