Welcome to ChemDiversity, the official website of the American Chemical Society Committee on Minority Affairs.
ACS Committee on Minority Affairs
Vision: Diversify chemistry through the transforming power of inclusion and equity
Mission: Advance a broader, inclusive and equitable chemistry enterprise by empowering underrepresented groups, stakeholders, and marginalized peoples for the benefit of the world
- Increase diversity awareness by providing professional development and recognition opportunities to underrepresented groups within the chemical sciences;
- Strengthen ACS programming to reflect a broader, inclusive and equitable chemistry enterprise; and
- Enhance shared expertise in effective diversity, equity, and inclusion content and act as a resource to stakeholders.
What do we do?
- Promote the recognition of the professional accomplishments of scientists from underrepresented groups
- Attract more diverse students to the profession
- Work for the increased participation of chemistry professionals from underrepresented groups in the Society at all levels
Provide mentoring to students from diverse backgrounds
- Compile diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect best practices for recruitment, retention, development, and evaluation of programs for chemistry professionals
- And much much more!
Explore our blog, program activities, members, and resources on this site. Follow us on Twitter, Like us on Facebook, Join our Group on the ACS Network, and watch our LinkedIn Page for additional professional networking. We welcome all people to our cause, and encourage you to attend our events and support the ACS Committee on Minority Affairs.
This website is a project of the ACS CMA Communications Subcommittee.